Friday, May 24, 2013

Celebrating the 4th of July 2010!

I was SO excited to be back from Colorado so that we could enjoy all the fun traditions with my family-the BIG campout at my Grandparent’s house. We would go every year to Huntsville for the big celebration. It was my favorite experience every year growing up. The festivities include a hot dog roast (including s’mores for dessert), personal fireworks, and a campout on my grandparent’s large property with everyone’s tents and trailers on the 3rd, and the parade and carnival at the park, ending with the big fireworks before heading home on the 4th. The party comes complete with games and junk food-it is an absolute BLAST! We even made a trip to the lake this year for some extra fun. I did not have my suit since it was a spur of the moment thing, but I improvised, Ben unfortunately could not improvise and missed out, but at least he was safe from the Pineview Paraná.  I am excited for my children to enjoy the same traditions. Jayden might actually know what is going on this year and I just can’t wait to enjoy it with him and Ben this year!
July 4th 2010
Pitching our tent and getting ready for the hot dog roast!
July 4th 2010-1

July 4th 2010-2
This kiddies always have a blast!
July 4th 2010-3
July 4th 2010-4
July 4th 2010-5
The bat living in Grandma’s garage even made an appearance for the party!
July 4th 2010-6
Enjoying the parade! Other than the loud cannons and guns (I have always had a hard time with those-not really sure why-but I am getting better).
July 4th 2010-7
July 4th 2010-8
July 4th 2010-9
The carnival! Every year we get a little souvenir. This year we got this wood and brass cutout of the Bountiful Temple (where we were married).
July 4th 2010-10
Dreamin’…
July 4th 2010-15
This little girl was terrified so I used “helping her down” as an excuse to take a ride myself.
July 4th 2010-11
July 4th 2010-12
July 4th 2010-13
Braving the water for some fun at the lake…and Ben’s lovely candid of me biting a nail that almost got ripped off, while I was hanging onto the rope while swinging into the water. It looks like I am nervous, whish is somewhat fitting considering the following photos.
tiger muskie-3
This reservoir is home to these man-made beauties (proof that creating should be left to God), but the Tiger Muskies or “Pineview Paraná” as we call them did not keep us from having fun! (photos stolen from Google, we luckily did not have the opportunity to take one of our own.)
July 4th 2010-14


I was too busy enjoying the fireworks to think to take pictures, but just know they were amazing and our 4th of July celebration back in 2010 was definitely a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment